As most of you already know, I recently opened a Zibbet Shop.
Yesterday, I received an email informing me Zibbet is doing a free 45 day trial of their Premium Accounts. I thought...what the heck, it won't hurt to try it out. At the very least I will have my shop links Purple for a bit...lol.
I thought it would be interesting to see some of the differences between Etsy and Zibbet.
Etsy charges you .20 cents per listing and 3.5% of your sales. This can get very pricey, especially if you do sell and list a lot of items.
|Pastel Butterfly Purskey|
Zibbet's Premium Account costs $9.95 a month. That is it. No other fees for listing or selling.
(They have a promotion going where you can pay $79.00 for a year. That is less than $7.00 a month!) You can see the complete comparison of Zibbet's Membership Features here
Now, you are probably thinking $9.95...that is a lot to pay every month.
Look at it this way, if you list just 1 item a day on Etsy you are spending $6.00 a month right there. If you list more than 1 item a day or make multiple sales, you have spent more on Fees with Etsy than you would have on Zibbet. (Especially with the yearly price.)
Some of the Features Zibbet's Premium Account offers
- Shop Customization,
- Larger Thumbnails,
- Gift Guide access of your items....(free advertising),
- Create Sales Coupons and Gift Certificates
- Feedback Display
- Add video and images on profile page
- 8 images per item (instead of 4 with the free version and the 5 you get on Etsy)
- You can Rearrange your Shop items by Color, type, Alphabet, or whatever way you want.
- Relevance Boost for more exposure - (As a Premium seller your items will be randomly rotated on the homepage, the most visited page on the site, giving you even more exposure to shoppers. Zibbet's new Buy page is in the works and will randomly feature Premium sellers items also.)
- Facebook and other features are coming soon
Zibbet also offers a Community you can sign up for separately. Does not matter if your account is free or premium.
In this regard, I am seeing how Zibbet differs greatly from Etsy.
In Zibbet's Community, there is a status feed on the main page just like you would see on Twitter. You can also set up your own page where you can add a profile, friends, pictures of your work, status updates, links to your other sites, and applications. (Think of it as a mini Facebook for Zibbet). Check out my Community Page here http://community.zibbet.com/profile/DeanDesigns
Etsy has groups and teams you can join to help promote each other, though there is nothing even close to the features of Zibbet's Community at this time.
I have 43 days left to make a Sale and a decision. Stay with Etsy or Stay Premium with Zibbet.
My decision will be based on Shop Stat Performances (this includes shop exposure), Successful use of Promotional Tools, and how many Sales if any I make.
|Rainbow Mini Purskey and Earring Set|
Until Next Time, Happy Sales,